At Prestige Moving & Storage, we understand that when you hire us, you put your complete trust in us to deliver your belongings safely to your new location. Whether you’re relocating around the corner or across the country, we will always treat your possessions with the utmost care. As part of that commitment o top-notch customer service, we offer several options for possessions protection in case your belongings are lost or damaged during the move.
Possessions Protection for In-State Moves
Our possessions protection plan for in-state moves meets all state regulations. Our friendly representatives can answer any questions you have about your protection plan when you need to relocate within the state.
Protection of Possessions for Interstate Moves
Federal law requires that all interstate movers offer two different options for possessions protection, also known as valuation coverage.
· Full Value Protection – Considered the more comprehensive plan, full value protection makes the mover responsible for replacing any damaged or lost goods in your shipment.
· Released Value – With slightly less protection for lost or damaged items that the full value plan, released value makes the mover responsible for replacing items at no more than 60 cents per pound per article.
Customers may also choose to purchase third party insurance as an added investment on top of their moving costs.
Important Things to Remember
Although we work hard to protect all of your belongings, we want you to understand your responsibilities in the moving process.
· Never pack hazardous, dangerous or perishable materials without informing your mover.
· Remember that packing your own boxes makes it difficult to prove how and when any damage occurred.
· Consider a more comprehensive protection plan if your household items are valued at more than 60 cents per pound per article.
· Notify movers of any articles that hold extraordinary value, so they know to take extra cautions when packing, loading and transporting those items.
Failure to adhere to such responsibilities can limit the liability of the mover.
Call Prestige Moving & Storage Today
Our representatives are here to answer any questions you have about keeping your possessions safe during your move. We want our work with you to be a positive experience for both parties, and we work hard to ensure that you and your belongings are protected. Call Prestige Moving & Storage today at 928.775.4003 to learn more about how we can help you.